Oct 4, 2015

a pumpkin post.


fall is here! so as usual my sister has turned all festive. she literally won't leave you alone until you join in on her merriment. if you enter a store that happens to have seasonal candles she will smell everyone -- then ask your opinion on her favorites to make a final decision.
needless to say, she has way too many candles. 

with all these celebratory acts of fall going on my sister decided to rope me into decorating pumpkins with her -- oh the joy!

well, if i'm going to spend a day decorating a food that will eventually perish in the sun, why not document and blog it. my sister started with this little guy:


i wasn't going to purchase any pumpkins, but once we got to Home Depot i couldn't resist this cream colored pumpkin and this light peach pumpkin that looked like someone threw-up on it. i bought some iridescent copper paint by Ralph Lauren and lightly painted the bottom half of my cream pumpkin as such: 


 my sister continued on her merry decorating spree with gold and silver spray paint by Rust-oleum, some glitter, and painters tape.


clearly she was a very proud mother hen. she is also a perfectionist and needed to make deep inspections at the completion of each pumpkin decor endeavor... as seen below:


after we completed our pumpkins we put them together for a little photo shoot. i think my sister's orange and gold striped pumpkin is reminiscent of The Nightmare Before Christmas.


i put my two pumpkins on a mirrored tray with some candles and and scented pine cones.
yes, my sister won me over and now our house is all fall festive.


of course Lyla had to give her approval -- and by approval i mean she needed to taste the pine cones.


and if you're interested my sister even took the time to name each pumpkin.
she REALLY gets into this seasonal stuff.
mine on the top and hers on the bottom:



Instagram   Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment